Want to meet other people interested in user engagement, habit-formation, and product design? Want to be perceived as a thought leader in the field?
Start a Hooked Meetup group in your city! Here are step-by-step instructions:
1. Check to see if there already is a Hooked Meetup in your city by scanning the comments below. If so, reach out to the organizer and become a co-organizer.
2. Go to Meetup.org
3. Click Start in the navigation bar.
4. Enter your Country and Zip Code.
5. Add these tags: Hooked, Lean Startup, Growth Hacking, Marketing, Product Development, Startup Businesses, Entrepreneurship, Growth Strategy, Habits, Behavior, Design, Technology, Entrepreneurship.
6. Agree to hosting a face-to-face community.
7. Name your meetup: (City) Hooked Meetup, i.e. NYC Hooked Meetup.
8. Name your members. Members is fine.
9. Use this About Us description. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N_QIYQ36h9f-gx_QqxmnWXqnUSXNO8OOIiKWBpg3Jyc/edit?usp=sharing)
10. Go to Group Tools and down to Edit Appearance. Add this Banner Image. (https://www.canva.com/design/DAA8QHeN_kk/i4ZqVIgEe4BpJs7Ne9HB0g/edit)
11. Go to Group Tools and down to Group Settings.
12. Click the image and then download it to your desktop, the image will be too small otherwise. (https://www.canva.com/design/DAA8QQ4nBzw/FIjVCrm2e1O3LPSB2MQtWQ/edit)
13. On Meetup.com, click on Basics. Scroll to the bottom and add the previous downloaded image as the profile image.
14. Claim your city by leaving a comment below with your city, name, email, and link to your Meetup group so others can join. For example: Palo Alto, California - Nir Eyal, nir at nireyal dot com, <MEETUP LINK>
15. Promote your Meetup, see: http://help.meetup.com/customer/portal/articles/865489-promoting-your-meetup-group
Please share any comments or suggestions for below. Thanks for being a part of the movement!